Awards for 2013/14
On Wednesday 22nd January 2014 Linfords went down to London for the National Fish & Chip Shop of the Year 2014 Competition Awards Finals. Linfords were short listed by the Sea Fish Industry to be one of the top three shops in the UK for Contribution to the Community.
We have also been placed in the Last 14 Fish & Chip Restaurants in the UK, Winner of the Mercury Retailer of the year and Winner of the Food & Drinks Awards for the second year running for Best Fish & Chips and Customer Service.
Charity Event at Linfords Market Deeping
On Sunday 24th November 2013 Linfords Fish & Chips opened their doors to the public to sell fish & chips for £3.00 for this year’s chosen charities. It was a bright but chilly day at the Deeping's Market by this time busting with hungry customers. Little did we know that this was going to be our busiest charity day so far. The day started steady and this was the marker for the day ahead and it stayed steady until we sold out at 8.00pm.
We raised £750.00 for each of our charities Deeping Swimming Club, St Guthlac’s Church and The Deeping Practice. A big thank you to all our customers for their help and support. Our Christmas Hampers was well supported this year with the money raised, £760.00 going to the Children’s Amazon Ward at Peterborough City Hospital. This is something that is close to Linfords as a member of staff’s child was in the ward a few years ago.
NFFF Fish & Chip Quality Award
Formerly known as Sea Fish Quality Award, the NFFF Fish & Chip Quality Award is now run by the The National Federation of Fish Friers ( since 2011 ).
The NFFF produce a 30 page document describing industry best practice and rate the establishment accordingly. The judge spent 4 hours checking all our systems and standards across the whole range of food storage, food preparation, cooking and serving of our food. We are thrilled to have been judged to have a 5 star rating. Learn more »
NFFF Gluten Free
Linfords Fish & Chips now feature in the National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF) directory of UK fish and chip shops and restaurants offering coeliac friendly meals. Gluten is a protein found in cereals such as wheat, rye, barley, and can contaminate some oat products. People with gluten intolerance (coeliac disease) need to avoid all food containing gluten. Learn more »
Market Deeping Hanging Basket Competition
Although this award no long runs we still take pride in the Market Place along with other local businesses to help brighten the town centre with a summer display.
Some of our other awards include:
- Winner of the 'Best Independent Retailer' Award 2013 as voted by the readers of the Stamford Mercury
- Top 5 in East Anglia for the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year 2013
- Top 10 in the Marketing and Innovation award for the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year 2013
- Winner of the best fish and Chips and Best customer care for service/front of house for the East Midlands Food and drink awards
- Winner of the Mercury Community Champion Award and Team/Employee of the year for the Mercury Business Awards
- Contribution to the Community winner for the ET Business Awards
- Eastern England Regional Winners 2012
- Eastern England Regional Runners-up 2011
- Eastern England Regional Winners 2010
- Top 5 in Eastern England 2009
- Eastern England Regional Winners 2005
- Eastern England Regional Winners 2004
- Eastern England Regional Winners 2003